Well, not really I guess. But yeah. Right this moment I do. I thought it was hard sending Robert off when he left in November. Watching the bus pull away was not easy. But it wasn't near as bad as today was. In very blunt words..........Today SUCKED.
Robert said goodbye to the kids last night so we wouldn't have to wake them this morning. We got up a little before 4 am. Headed out shortly before 5 am. His parents were here so they said good bye to him and off we went. It was the longest and shortest ride to Alexandria that I have ever had. Probably doesn't make much sense, but it adequately describes my emotions at the time. I didn't want it to end because I knew when we arrived at the airport it would be goodbye for another 8 months. And I wanted to get there and get it over with. We talked non-stop all the way there. Trying to savor the last minutes we had together.
I stayed until he started through security. Then headed home. Made it home in time to wake the gets up and get them moving on their day.
Robert's parents headed out about noon. So it's just me and the kids.........again. Guess this is just part of being an army wife. I have to tell you, it's my least favorite part. The goodbyes are awful. But I will live on the wonderful memories we created as a family this past 18 days.
These are the pictures I keep in my heart, the pictures I try to remember when I'm sad and missing him..............
Robert and our babies.
Each picture shows the love he has for each of them...and them for him. It's that love that keeps him focused. It's that love that I believe keeps him safe.
Stay safe baby and come home to us soon!
Stay safe baby and come home to us soon!
2 comments:
Jenn, I just wanted you to know that we, BoysScout Troop 582 have not forgotten you all and are praying for you all.
I am both happy and sad that Robert is out there. I am happy to know that people like him are watching out for us and I am sad that you and you kids have to be away from him for so long.
All else said, Is Robert Jr. still in scouts? When can I except my invitation to his EAGLE Court of Honor?
Tell him, Myles made it last March so he has some catching up to do.
Love you all
Verlan Troutt
Jennifer, you have such a beautiful family! I, too, have four children. One of them is in Iraq serving a 15 month TOD. He just went back after his leave, as well. Hang in there girl. Remember, there is help.
Liz M
wahmliz@yahoo.com
Post a Comment