Monday, September 1, 2008

Hurricane Gustav - Part 1

This is what it looks like here at 6:15 pm. We've had constant rain for about 3 - 4 hours now. The wind is picking up. The higher ups on post are saying we should expect winds of about 58 miles per hour to arrive about 7:30 and continue till 1 am. They are speculating that we will loose power sometime during this. I know that my father will freak when he sees the video because I went outside. But those of you who know me realize, I don't normally do what I'm told!!!

I will try and update when we get up in the morning.

http://www.jrtc-polk.army.mil/Emergency/index.html

If you want to keep up with things, this is the link to the Fort Polk Emergency page. They update it as things change.

1 comments:

Miracles CAN happen said...

I knew there was a reason I liked you! Your a rebel just like me! Like the video, hope everything was alright with the hurricane and you didn't lose power for long (if you did) We had major flash flooding all the way up here from Gustav so I'm sure you won't have to water your lawn for a long time to come! Glad Patrick is doing well and I bet your a little lonely now that the girls are in school. WOW where does time go! Take care,
Deanna