It has been a stressful few months here for us. Robert has been hoping for some time to be promoted from Specialist to Sergeant. They started telling him several months ago that they would be sending him to the promotion board in September. We didn't tell many people, because we didn't want to jinx things. Then at mid August he was told he would for sure be going in September. So he studied like a mad man. They are given stacks of study guides and Q&As that could be asked in these boards. Plus you have to be up to date on current events dealing with the military. So, on September 8th, he went to the promotion board and passed with flying colors. He received the maximum points possible on the board. When added to the other points he has accrued for schools and awards he was doing very well. Then it was just sit and wait. So we've been waiting all month for the list to come out. Normally it is posted on or around the 21st of every month. And for the last 8 months it has posted on the 21st. Did it post on the 21st of this month???? OF COURSE NOT! Because I wanted it to. As I have been practically glued to my computer for the past 4 days waiting on THE list. Low and behold, it finally posted today. Robert has been in the field with out easy phone access since early Monday morning. So I have to send him text messages and he checks them when he can. So I actually knew before he did....and before even his unit did. *grin*
Here is what I saw today,
Out of respect for other people's privacy, I didn't post the entire list, because it is the list of every single person in the army getting promoted, but the most important person is listed above.
So, as of October 1st, we will have a Sergeant living in this household, a Non-commissioned Officer in the United States Army.
Robert, baby, I am so very proud of you. You deserve this and you will be one of the best NCOs that Bravo Troop, 3/89 Cav has ever seen.
1 comments:
Post a Comment