Thursday, April 17, 2008

BUSY DAY

No school today. So the kids and I headed to Shreveport, LA. About a 2 hr drive. We went with my friend Melanie and her 3 kids. Rob wasn't feeling well so he stayed home. So Melanie and I headed out with 6 kids.

First stop, Sci Port Museum. Kids had a ball. I'm so glad we decided to buy the annual pass.

Next stop, Joe's Crab Shack for lunch. It has seriously been a long time since I ate in a real restaurant. It was WONDERFUL. Last time I ate at Joe's Crab Shack was in Snellville, the night before I went into labor with the girls. We sat outside in the sun. Kids played on the playground. Good food & good company, what could be better.

Then onto River Walk. A wonderful time of walking in and out of stores I haven't seen since leaving GA. GAP outlet, Children's Place Outlet, Bath & Body Works, and many more. THEN, to Bass Pro Shop. This one is HUGE. Kids loved it.

Then for the 2 hr drive home. All my kids slept most of the way (wonderful peaceful drive).

Then we headed to Game Night at ACS (Army Community Center). Someone to watch the kids and we get to play games. Melanie and I joined two other wives in a game of Phase 10. I was up and winning 2/3 of the way in. Then I CRASHED and BURNED. Lost horribly. But it was fun. Adult conversation and fun all in one evening. Not to mention FREE child care. LOL.

Kids are in bed now. TBall at 8 am tomorrow morning. Can't figure out why these people don't comprehend "sleep in Saturdays", but OK, we'll be there.

I'll update pics when I figure out how to do that. Guess I should ask Christina since she has pics on her site. UGH, out done again by my little sister. That's OK, I love her.

Have a great evening,

Jennifer

0 comments: